What does the free Nationwide Warranty cover?
The FREE Preferred Warranty provides the replacement of any missing natural or lab grown round diamonds (up to 0.20 ctw)
To maintain the validity of this warranty customers are required to bring their jewelry into their Preferred Jeweler of choice, every 6 months to be fully serviced, inspected and updated on the Preferred Dashboard.
Every service visit will be recorded in the Preferred Jewelers International™ database to document and maintain the life and journey of your guests special jewelry item.
A Preferred Jeweler will, at no charge cover;
Minor Re-Tipping of 1 or 2 prongs.
Re-sizing when possible 1 x per year.
Tightening of stones when possible.
Inspections and cleaning.
Replacement of a lab grown or natural mined round diamonds up to .20ctw.
(Excluding fancy cut or color diamonds)
DETAILED DEFINITIONS OF COVERAGE:
1) FREE LIFETIME MAINTENANCE:
Jewelry items must be in perfect, like new or new condition to be eligible for the Preferred Warranty. To keep your warranty valid, you are required to visit your Preferred Jeweler every 6 months to have your jewelry inspected and maintained. Your visit will be notated in the Preferred website database. Customer and retailer will be notified by email 30 days before and again 14 days before your inspection “due date.” Having work done on your item out of the Preferred Network can void your warranty unless authorized by Preferred Headquarters. Please ensure that we have a valid email address on file. Should a warranty show as lapsed, the retailer may then charge the customer to bring the item back into warrantable condition and then be able to update and reinstate the warranty.
2) PREFERRED JEWELERS will replace a natural mined or lab grown, round diamond up to .20ctw at no additional charge to customers. Excluding Fancy Cut and Fancy Color Diamonds and Invisible Set Rings.
3) RESIZING*: After the initial sizing of your ring at purchase, when possible, a Preferred Jeweler will provide re-sizing of your ring 1X per year. Some rings are not sizable, especially if there is a large size difference or if it will compromise the integrity of your ring. *Excluding Eternity Bands and Invisible Set Jewelry.
4) MINOR RE-TIPPING OF PRONGS*: Preferred will cover minor re-tipping of 1 or 2 prongs if it is required when replacing a missing diamond. *In instances where Rhodium is required, a charge may be incurred.
“We highly value the sentiment of your jewelry. This is a limited lifetime warranty.
Your Preferred Jeweler may recommend rebuilding (or reconstructing) your setting,
for an additional cost, to preserve the value and
integrity of your jewelry and to be able to maintain your warranty.”
5) INSPECTIONS AND CLEANING: Steam and ultrasonic cleaning will be used to keep your jewelry in pristine condition.
6) TIGHTENING OF DIAMONDS AND GEMS: Preferred recommends and requires that you visit your Preferred retailer every 6 months to have your items microscopically inspected to check for any loose diamonds and perform any necessary adjustments.
7) PREFERRED WARRANTIES are not transferable to another person. Please visit a Preferred Retailer to see if your jewelry is eligible for a new warranty.
* The Free Preferred warranty is a Limited Lifetime Maintenance Warranty. Criteria for issuing a warranty varies by retailer.
Life is unpredictable. In the event you lose your center stone or the entire piece of jewelry, insurance is the best way
to have it replaced. Please make sure you are covered by insurance for those unpredictable moments in life.
*For assistance please contact the Preferred Office at 888-998-8874
Where can I have my jewelry serviced if I move?
Moving? Just click on the tab titled Nationwide Presence on our website to locate the nearest Preferred retailer in your new town. They will be happy to help you maintain the beauty and longevity of your jewelry.
What happens if I move to a new location with no Preferred Jeweler near me?
If you happen to move to a new location where there is not yet a Preferred Jeweler, please contact Preferred Headquarters so we can advise you on how to proceed.
What happens if I lose a diamond?
The Nationwide Warranty covers the replacement of any missing diamonds up to 0.20 ctw. If you lose a diamond, take your jewelry into the nearest Preferred Jeweler. They will be able to track the item in our system to see where it was originally purchased and the proper steps will be taken in order to assure that your jewelry is repaired.
If a ring has withstood major duress, for example if it has been slammed in a door, is it still eligible for free repairs under the warranty?
Any kind of accidental damage to a consumers jewelry would not be covered under the Preferred Warranty... the warranty states clearly what we cover and hence the requirement for the semi annual inspection to keep their jewelry item in warrantable condition. If this should occur the retailer has the option to charge the customer to get their jewelry back in warrantable condition and then reinstate the warranty. As a Preferred Jeweler you can offer an upgrade your guest to the Preferred Platinum Program for a 1x fee or Gem Shield Jewelry Insurance with special rates for Preferred Members to protect your clients special purchases.
Is there a range of issues (besides gemstones) that the warranty does not cover?
If a ring is still under warranty, is there ever a repair charge on the ring?
The retailer has the option to decide this pending on the circumstances. Following our guide lines, what is listed above is what the warranty covers. Free Lifetime Maintenance for normal wear and tear on an item. (Wear and tear is what naturally and inevitably occurs as a result of normal wear or aging.) On a complicated piece where resizing could be a large endeavor, the retailer should choose wisely before putting the warranty in place or create a comment in the comment box stating any special circumstances and or agreements with the customer. There is a disclaimer in case you get into a challenging situation with a consumer coming to you that has purchased from another location. It states... "Criteria for issuing a warranty may vary by retailer." In this case you could generate an RA (return authorization) number and send the item to the Preferred Repair facility for repairs. You also have access to Preferred Headquarters to help you navigate through any unusual situations.
Can't find your warranty card?
Call Preferred Headquarters! There we can access your information on our system just by giving us your name.